There is something so fun about watching a dog bound and leap around without a care in the world! In Simi Valley and Moorpark there are some "dog parks" designed with that very objective in mind! Below are the two dog parks in Simi Valley and Moorpark. Also, check out our tips for a great dog park experience!
15400 Campus Park Drive
Moorpark CA, 93021
Things to love about College View Park:
This park has is great because it has a picnic pavilion, BBQs, a playground, athletic fields, ball fields, basketball court, tennis courts, trail, restrooms.
Amenities at College View Park:
2251 Lost Canyons Dr
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Things to love about Big Sky Park:
Big Sky park has so many great things! There are softball fields for the kids, enclosed fields for the dogs, and gorgeous views of Simi Valley for the whole family! The fact that there are restrooms is a plus (but keep in mind that they are down by the softball field parking lot (not up by the dog portion). Also, you can hike to the top of Simi's iconic "Whiteface mountain" because the trailhead is at the park!
Amenities at Big Sky Park:
Simi Valley and Moorpark dog park tips
Follow the rules! Typical dog park rules include:
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered, up to date on vaccines and shots, and supervised at all times.
- Clean up after your pooch! No one wants to step in that mess.
- Know your dog: If you have a dog that has shown aggression toward other animals, children, or adults, it's best to leave them at home.
- Taking your kids? Supervise them closely! Let them know that running and loud play aren't a good idea around dogs they don't know well, and teach them how to approach a dog to pet it.
- Don't bring your lunch. It only invites begging and aggressive behaviors.
- Be polite and considerate of other park users. Common sense prevails!
We hope this list of dog parks in Simi Valley and Moorpark helps you find some fun places for your family to explore with your dogs. Now get the whole family — even the four-legged members — out to play!