Hey, Neighbor! Welcome to Simi Valley!
Moving can be a bit overwhelming - especially when you are new to the area and don't know where to find the information you need. To help you get settled, we put together this guide with information we think you will find useful.
Also, be sure to subscribe to Macaroni Kid Simi Valley - Moorpark to get a weekly e-newsletter delivered right to you inbox so you always know about fun events and activities.
About Simi Valley
Simi Valley (pronounced: "See-Me"), also simply called Simi, is a bedroom community located in Ventura County, CA. We are next door neighbors with Los Angeles County and therefore have many residents who commute into LA for work. Simi Valley is a community-centric city with residents who are dedicated to helping each other and making it a great place to live, work, and play.
Simi Valley is close to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and the Beach.
Simi Valley by the Numbers
Simi Valley Resources!
- City of Simi Valley
- Chamber of Commerce
- Rancho Simi Recreation & Park District
- Simi Valley Unified School District
- Simi Valley Public Library
- Simi Valley YMCA
- Moorpark-Simi Valley Boys and Girls Club
- Simi Valley Hospital
- Simi Valley Police Department
Simi Valley Attractions!
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum
- Strathearn Historical Park
- Santa Susana Train Depot & Museum
- Grandma Prisbrey’s Bottle Village
- Skatelab Skateboard Museum
- Underwood Farms
- America's Teaching Zoo
- Hiking trails
- Farmers Markets
- Veteran’s Plaza (Lemon Park)
- Duck Parks
- Dog Parks
- Splash Pad (Lemon Park)
- Community Pool (Rancho Simi Park)
- Golf Courses
- Simi Valley Town Center Mall
- Simi Valley Street Fair
- Round Up Simi - Country Music Festival
- Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival
- Simi Valley 4th of July Fireworks
- Simi Valley Days (Parade & Fair)
- Thousand Oaks (Often called “T” “O”. Thousand Oaks and the surrounding communities (Oak Park, Newbury Park, Westlake Village) are often referred to as “Conejo Valley”)
- Camarillo / Oxnard / Ventura
Day Trips from Simi Valley!
(Note: Traffic in the area varies depending on the time and day. With no traffic or construction, the following times are generally accurate.)
- Hollywood (40+ minutes)
- Ventura (45+ minutes)
- Malibu (45+ minutes)
- Santa Monica (45+ minutes)
- Pasadena (50+ minutes)
- Los Angeles (50+ minutes)
- Santa Barbara (1.25+ hours)
- Sycamore Cove Beach (40+ minutes)
- Malibu / Zuma Beach (45+ minutes)
- Ventura Harbor & Harbor Cove Beach (45+ minutes)
- Channel Islands Harbor & Beaches (50+ minutes)
- Leo Carrillo State Beach (50+ minutes)
- Santa Monica Pier & Beach (50+ minutes)
- Venice Beach (50+ minutes)
- Carpenteria Beach (1+ hour)
- America's Teaching Zoo - Smaller Zoo (10+ minutes to Moorpark)
- Los Angeles Zoo (40+ minutes)
- Santa Barbara Zoo (1+ hour)
Professional Sports Teams
- Football: Los Angeles Rams & Los Angeles Chargers (1+ hour to SoFi Stadium)
- Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers & Los Angeles Clippers (1+ hour to Staples Center)
- Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers (50+ minutes to Dodger Stadium)
- Baseball: Los Angeles Angels (1.5+ hours to Angels Stadium of Anaheim)
- Hockey: Los Angeles Kings (1+ hour to Staples Center)
- Soccer: Los Angeles Galaxy (1+ hour Dignity Health Stadium)
- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Hurricane Harbor (35+ minutes)
- Universal Studios Hollywood (40+ minutes)
- Santa Monica Pier (50+ minutes)
- Raging Waters (1+ hour)
- Knott's Berry Farm & Knott's Soak City (1.25+ hours)
- Disneyland & California Adventure (1.5+ hours)
- San Fernando Mission (20+ minutes)
- Mission Basilica San Buenaventura (45+ minutes)
- The Getty Museum (45+ minutes)
- California Science Center (1+ hour)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (1.25+ hours)
Simi Valley is also within driving distance of Disneyland, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Palm Springs, and Las Vegas.
- Santa Barbara (1.25+ hours)
- Huntington Beach / Newport Beach (1.5+ hours)
- San Luis Obispo / Pismo Beach / Morro Bay (2.5+ hours)
- Palm Springs (2.5+ hours)
- San Diego (3+ hours)
- LEGOLAND (2.5+ hours)
- SeaWorld San Diego (3+ hours)
- San Diego Zoo and Safari Park (3+ hours)
- Las Vegas (4.5+ hour drive)
We welcome you and hope you find this information helpful!
We invite you to subscribe to our Macaroni Kid Simi Valley ~ Moorpark weekly newsletter so you can learn about even more local family fun!